Friday, August 1, 2014

Through the Joy and Through the Sorrow; God is Always There.


If you are a performer in any aspect of things, you might have experienced technical difficulties a time or two. There's two ways you can handle them. First, you could let it affect your entire performance, or you could work through the situation to the best of your ability

This analogy could be applied to our lives. Sometimes, when we hit a rough patch we just want to give up and let one little circumstance take over our life. That's not how God wants us to live. I know just like anything else, this is easier said than done, but trust me on this one. When we surrender not only our trials and tribulations to God, but our joys and happiness, we will experience true fulfillment in Christ. 



James Chapter 1, verse 2-3 says this: "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance." Okay, so I know what you're thinking, "Um, Sydney. How in the world are we supposed to be joyful when the things happening in our lives are not joyful things?"


 I struggle with this question myself. I have been blessed in my life to have much more happiness than sorrow. This is not to say that I haven't experienced loss or heartbreak, or just those everyday things that make life tough. However, especially in this last year, I have grown to partially understand why we must be joyful of our trials. As humans, more times than not, we have to learn things the hard way. The hard way, often results in heartache. Heartache, that hurts and scars. Sometimes those wounds cut deep, and the only way we are to be healed is by the Lord. My point is, when we begin to heal, we look back on the situation and think: "I have learned my lesson." It is not that we have to be happy when we are staring into the face of a hurtful circumstance, but that we are able to look back and appreciate that God pulled us through, and maybe even take a thing or two away from it. After all, as I discussed in an earlier post, there is a time and season for everything.


In my opinion, loss and illness are harder to cope with in the mindset of, "This has happened for a reason, and I'll look back on this and notice something that I do not right now." When we go through these things, that are beyond our understanding, we are usually angry. Often times our favorite question is "Why?"

"Why this.. Why now... Why God why?" I don't have the answer. BUT. Philippians 4:13 states, "And the peace of God,which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." All I know, is that our current sufferings, can not hold a candle to the glory of God. In Romans 8:18 it says: "I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us."

So. Whatever you're going through, no matter if it's just the "technical difficulties" or your world seems to be crashing down. Remember, that we all have a choice on how to handle the things life throws at us, and no matter how hard it is, God will get you through it. You may think it seems like He's not present right now, but He is. "The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will NEVER leave you or forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." --Deuteronomy 31:8--



Let Us Pray.
Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for this day. I thank you for every day and everything single breath, even though some days it seems we won't be able to get through. God, I pray that you help us to persevere through the trials of this life. Help us to find joy and hope in sorrow, and healing and comfort in pain. Lord, thank you for never leaving our side, and for your promise to never forsake us. Thank you for holding our hearts in the palm of your hand, and never letting go of us through the calm or through the storm..
In Your Son's Holy Name,
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment