Tuesday, August 26, 2014

God is Always Up to Something.




This past Sunday morning I attended one of the Life Churches in the Oklahoma City area.The music was wonderful, and so was the sermon. The pastor said something that really hit home for me. "Just because I see nothing, doesn't mean my God isn't doing something."

All of us have been in situations in which we are unable to see past the end of our noses. That could mean one of two things. A. We are ignoring the situation, or B. God isn't ready for us to see what He has in store for us. God has created a master plan just for you; just for me. He knows our every footstep, and is willing to take us every step of the way. Sometimes this means, we may have to walk blindly, and just let Him be our guide.

Another thing the pastor said that stood out to me was: "God hears our prayer the first time, every time." He was speaking out of Daniel Chapter 10. (Which I strongly encourage you to check out. ) In verse 12, the man in the vision Daniel has seen says this: "Do not be afraid, Daniel. Since you set your mind to gain understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come in response to them." Daniel prayed consistently for a long time, with no reply, and seeing no change whatsoever. Just because God doesn't answer our prayer right away doesn't mean He hasn't heard us. He hears every prayer we have ever prayed. Psalm 116:1-2 says: "I love the Lord, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy. Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live." He is always listening, always waiting, and always wanting us to cry out to Him in our time of uncertainty, celebration, sadness, and times of happiness. 

Now, I know it may seem that I have started to entirely different blogs, and put it into one post. There is a method to my madness though, I promise. Most times, when we are unsure of our next step, or have been struggling with a certain relationship or situation.. we pray. Am I right? So, to tie these to things together I'm going to make this little quote: "Just because I see nothing, doesn't mean my God isn't doing something. And just because I pray with no answer in return, doesn't mean He hasn't heard my cry." 

Maybe you're unsure on where you are headed in the future. It may have to do with a particular relationship or a decision on what God wants you to do in your life. Maybe you have been praying a really long time for you or someone in your family who is ill, Maybe you or someone you know is struggling in their marriage. Whatever the circumstance, do not be discouraged, God heard your prayer the first time you reached out to Him, and He will never forget. As hard as it can be keep praying when it seems "useless,"  keep trusting and keep reaching out to Father because whether you realize it or not, He is reaching down to you.

Let Us Pray.
Dear Jesus,
Thank you for this day, and this time we are able to reflect on you and your mercy. God, sometimes it's so hard to trust in you when we have no idea where we are going. Help us to remember that you know exactly what you are doing. Help us to be persistent in our prayer ad thanksgiving. Thank you for always listening, and always reaching down to us. I pray that we would reach up to you in not only times we are unsure, but times we are rejoicing. And let us remember that you are always working in our lives, even when we cannot see it.
We Love You Lord,
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment