Saturday, August 2, 2014

Be Still and Know That He is God.




Do you ever just feel like you need to get away from everything? Have ever felt the need to just be alone, and be still? Sometimes, we have to do this for ourselves. 

Tonight I had this urge. And usually when this happens, I know that I just need some "me and God time." I go up to the track, turn on my Pandora Praise and Worship station, and walk. Most of the time, I walk and listen until I feel satisfied. There's some stuff going on in my life right now, that's hard for me, not unbearable or horrible, but still difficult. I just needed some time to pray and spend time in the presence of God.

So far, the songs that were playing weren't specifically speaking to me in any way. Then, a version of the hymn "I Surrender All," by Brian Littrell (the song linked at the top of the page)  started to play. I love that hymn. It's a song of sweet surrender; a reminder of how much better life is when you give it over to God. It was so comforting to me. There's a verse in this particular version that says: 

"Lord, I give to You all I ever have
And everything I was and everything I am
Now I lay it down, I lay it at Your feet
To Your grace, to Your power I surrender all"


All that I was, all that I am, all that I will be, is God's. We just have to be willing to surrender to His all sufficient grace and power. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 says: "But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weakness, so that Christ's power may rest in me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 

It is okay to be weak. For when we are weak, He is strong. When we are down, He lifts us up. When we are dry, He fills our cup. 

We need to be still; Bask in His glory and mercy; Get away from the way of this world. Even if it's just for a little while, you will see a difference. I know I do. 
Psalm 46:10 says: "Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." 

BE STILL. And know that He is GOD. NO problem is too small, to lay at Jesus's feet. Say: "All to you Jesus I surrender, all to you I freely give." This is to say that every area of my life, I hand over to Him. Have I completely done this? No, it is not something that can happen over night. It is a daily dedication. 

Are you willing to try it?
Are you willing to surrender all?
I encourage you to do so, and please know that you are not alone . I am trying to do the exact same thing, as are hundreds of thousands of Christians around the world. Remember, everyday you work on this, is a step closer to where you want to be in your relationship with Christ. Be patient and work hard. And know that the Lord, is always willing to listen. He delights in your effort of trying to please Him and spend time with him.

Let Us Pray.
Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for another day. Thank you for being the one and only God. A God, who cares about every aspect of our lives, and every desire of our hearts. Thank you for being a jealous God, who wants to spend time with us. Help us to surrender all. Everything we have, everything are... past, present, and future. We love you Lord.
In Jesus's Name,
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment