Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Run With Endurance.



Whether you are an athlete or not, 
we are all running the ultimate race of life.

I am not particularly fond of running, but I do it to keep in shape. I have also found that I run better if I don't know how far or how long I've been running. For example, running at the track a mile is counted by four laps. By at least the third, I'm ready to be done even thought I have not reached the end. If I'm running on the treadmill and I keep on the display that says how long I've been running, and how far I've ran, I'm ready to quit when it says a mile. However, if I take off that display, and run until I can run no more, when I turn the display back on I am pleasantly surprised to see that I have ran farther than my initial goal. 

Now, I know you are all probably thinking, Sydney, would you get to the point please? I am right there I promise. What if we applied this concept to our lives? "Run until we can run no more." What if did every day things with that same mindset? What if we lived our lives, persevering through every area of until we look at the end of it and realize we went farther than our goal? 

Hebrews 12:1-2 states "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with endurance the race marked before us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning in shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." In other words we must persevere through life and all its trials. We must fix our eyes on Jesus who died for our sins, so that we may run this race with him by our side.

The great thing about this is, Jesus will not leave you. Never once will you ever walk alone. 

We must also remember who we are running this "race" for. One of my favorite verses is Colossians chapter 3, verse 23: "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart as if working for the Lord and not for man." Live your life for Jesus. Work at it with all your being. In the end you will get the greatest reward of all, you will get to walk and talk with Jesus in heaven. 

Let us Pray.
Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for this day, and for this life you have given us. I pray that you will help us persevere in all that we do, as if we are working for you and not for the world. Help us run with endurance through life even when we are unsure of what our next step should be. Help us to trust in you with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength.
In Jesus's Name,
Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment